Tuesday, October 15, 2013

something tells me i'm into something good.

I can't decide if I should be happy or sad. But I got the call that I had been offered my dream job!!!....But only after I had accepted another one.

The thing is, I got an uneasy feeling after I interviewed there. I think it was because anyone who works in broadcasting signs a two-year commitment when they are hired. James & I want to start a family definitely within the next two years and I didn't want to work there and then always be on call when I have a baby. I don't know, the whole thing just didn't feel right.

However, I was a little sad to realize that I could be doing my dream job right now as a career. That's a little rough. I went to school for four years to do that and it was right in my grasp. My would-be boss even said when he called "Oh man. Well I guess my timing was off." [Yeah, a month later! Ya think?!] But he was really nice about the fact that I took another job.

I told myself thi phrase once and now, I always think it to myself: "Don't make a mistake for mistake-making sake." I don't want to always have to learn a lesson by automatically doing. Sometimes it's nice to just take a step back and really look at all the components and take as much time as you need. James has been such a help by doing that. He always points out the good in any situation (even when I'm not in the mood for positivity) and has helped me realize all of the things that I could also be giving up had I accepted the other job. Like getting to work from home 2 days a week and having a whole week off to get to visit my family for Christmas. I would be devastated if I had to give that last part up, even for a dream job.

The point is that there is always something good in something that can be disguised as "not as good." So even though I'm a little bummed, I know this will be a huge blessing. And high five for me for getting the offer anyway!!! Whoo whoo!! Ten points for the Ander-san Clan!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinkin...?