Saturday, November 16, 2013

the power of paint.

Ok, ok, ok. I know. I haven't been updating when I should have. Yes, many fun things have been going on in the Anderson home. For starters, our home! Haha

We were supposed to move in a while ago actually, but there was a LOT we had to get done here first. Now, we absolutely love the people who really own the house. They are amazing people who have helped us more than we can ever thank them for. And we understand that they lived here, with a family, for years. So obviously, there is going to be a little wear & tear. Nothing we can't handle.

We cleaned the carpets (twice) trying to get the lingering smell of 4 dogs out of the bedroom (but the carpet itself was very well-kept!), the bathroom was the brightest thing I have ever seen, and there were a few scuffs on our wall that we could in NO way clean off. So James painted the whole bedroom totally white. [Which is a sore subject-at the very beginning, the spray painter wasn't working properly and was leaking ALL over. First time I have actually ever seen James SERIOUSLY angry!] It looks sooo clean in here now!! The smell is just about gone (I don't know what I did before I owned a Scentsy) and the bathroom, as you can see, is now GORGEOUS thanks to the best husband not even money can buy. He found both the white and this grey paint , both very expensive brands, on super duper sale (ALL of it was under $15) and made what was....a room with a LOT of character into a much more muted one.

*Headslap: I can't believe I didn't take a before picture!! However, I DID take a picture early one morning (hopefully I rock the gross t-shirt look?) before he finished the whole thing, and this is all I have to show you! [Yes, the entire bathroom was this color...it did make everyone look a little more tan though!]

Before....
And after! I love being married to a handy man!
So once he finishes that, I think it will be time to upload all the ones of our new little temporary home. We're both really excited and so so blessed to have this opportunity. I can't even believe it. We love cooking together, watching movies on your suuuper comfy bed, and doing normal couple stuff. It's kind of weird not having "roommates" and coming home to an empty house, but their is something so cool about it because it's ours. We're trying to make this little house a home and I can't WAIT to see what other little things we get to do to it together. So stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinkin...?