Monday, March 31, 2014

husband turns 24!

Ah. It seems like just yesterday he was walking around his living room in that big ole Florida orange sweatshirt, rockin the soccer shorts with a bowl of cereal in his hand.

James is having a pretty big birthday this year. He & his friends decided to take a trip to Tennessee and stay in a cabin for a few days together. Do some manly stuff. But I'll save that whole thing for it's own post (it's going to need it I'm sure). So before he left, I wanted to make sure he had a little birthday fun.

I was told I was NOT allowed to spend money on getting him a gift this year because of his big trip. Pft. Yeah, like that's going to stop the person who is crazy for birthdays. But I tried not to go too overboard.



I got him a couple of games to take with him on his fun trip, because thank goodness I married someone who loves games just as much as I do. I also got him a gift card to one of his all time favorite stores: Home Depot...which is tied for first with Bass Pro Shop. 


He was super excited to go spend that card on some new tools. My little handyman. Since James isn't a dessert person (that part still gets to me) I didn't make him a cake or anything. But I tried to make sure everything else was good enough for my sweetie pie!

My favorite part of the whole day was when James complimented my card-picking skills. "Did you make this card? It's, like, perfect!" Don't think I'll ever forget that. What can I say? When you got it, you got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinkin...?